Course Registration Agreement
For the year of 5781 | 2020-2021
A yearlong course lasts 11 months -- starting 01.09.2020 and ending on 30.07.2021. Some courses are only active for 10 months – please note the difference prior to registration.
Opening of a course depends on a minimum number of participants, with the number varying form one course to the next. Although the community center is obligated to run the course over the school year, it is free to decide to cancel it if there are less than the minimum required participants and/or due to unforeseen circumstances related to the activities. This will not be considered breach of the obligation and will not obligate the administration to compensate the registrants or participants.
Over the scholastic year there may occur changes in the hours or days of the various activities. Changing an activity or course one hour earlier or later in extenuating circumstances such as shows, rehearsals, preparations etc. will be considered execution of the course at its usual time.
In the event of an emergency - snow, war, etc., there will be no refund (another example: outdoor training in low temperatures and on rainy days).The administration is not obligated to make up missed lesson and this will not oblige the administration to compensate participants.
· Monthly tuition is based on 4 lessons (once a week, 40 lessons a year) or 8 lessons (twice a week, 80 lessons a year). We are committed to this number of classes (excluding basketball and football), therefore the cost of the class does not vary from one month to the next as it factors in vacations.
· A lesson that is canceled due to the absence of a teacher will be refunded. There is no refund for lessons in case of absence of the participant for any reason.
· The prices mentioned here are correct as of the date of registration for the course/s. Cost are subject to change due to economy changes and / or any other increases decided upon by community center management.
· Additional payment for updates made in a particular month and not included in the payment for that month will be included in the payment for the following month.
· Tuition will be paid by direct debit at the bank or credit card only.
· Trial lessons will be given only in group classes and with prior registration. For those who enroll in the course, the trial lesson will be counted as a full-time lesson and deducted from the cost of the class. The trial lesson will occur only at the first lesson of each class. Joining at a later date will require full payment for that month.
· Every registrant must sign a participation agreement in the community center, whether he is a new participant or not. Parents will sign for their minor son / daughter.
There is no automatic and retroactive cancellation of classes. Cancellations can be made up to the 20th of each month for the following month. Cancellation after the 20th of the month will be made the following month. There will be no refunds for cancellations of a month or more retrospectively. To submit a request for cancellation you must fill out a form at the community center secretariat by the 20th of each month for the following month. Only after filling out the form will the billing stop. No cancellations will be confirmed by phone or in the notifications via the instructors.
A no-cancellation policy is effective for the months April, May, June, July 2021.
Discounts: families pay less:
· 5% discount - for a family participating in 2 group courses; 7% discount - for a family participating in 3 group courses; 10% discount - for a family participating in 4 group courses.
Discounts for single-parent families and new immigrants (up to 3 years in Israel) - 15%.
Community Center Discounts Committee:
Each application will be considered separately. An application form must be filled out and submitted along with proper documentation of marital status, income, etc. (for forms and details please contact the secretariat).
· No double discounts. Discounts are not valid for private classes.
A family for registration purposes is defined as first-degree relatives in a nuclear family - parents and children (not grandparents, cousins).
In the event of non-compliance with all payments, the administration will be entitled to terminate participation in the course/s after giving 7 days' notice. In all matters relating to or arising from this obligation, the courts of Jerusalem will be the sole jurisdiction to decide.
The first installment will be accompanied by a registration fee of NIS 99 per family.
For any inquiries or problems regarding accessibility to one of the center's activities, please contact the Community Center's Accessibility Coordinator: Sarah Eli at 02-5484100 or by email Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holidays, vacations and festivals:
Courses operate all year round, except for the following dates:
● On the eve of Rosh Hashanah and Rosh Hashanah 18-20.09.20
● Yom Kippur 27-28.09.20
● Sukkot - Sukkot evening until after Simchat Torah 02-10.10.20
● Purim - 25-26.02.21
● Passover – from the day before the first holiday until after the second holiday 27.03-03.04.21
● On the eve of Holocaust Remembrance Day, 07.04.21 - activities will end at 19:00.
● On the eve of the Day of Remembrance for the Martyrs of the Israeli Armed Forces, 13.04.21 - activities will end at 19:00
● Remembrance Day and Independence Day - 14-15.04.21 -- no activity.
● Lag B'Omer - 29-30.04.21 -- no activity.
● Shavuot - 16-17.05.21 -- no activity.